Wednesday, March 08, 2006

FamilyLife


It's been several months since Generation Ex went out of print. My agent has been very patiently waiting for me to get a new proposal for him to shop around. As I shared last week, God has really been getting a hold of me and shaking me up. So last Wednesday, I made the decision to take a few days off work to let myself dive in.

When I got home that night, I had an email request from FamilyLife Today. They invited me to come down in May for a taping with Elizabeth Marquardt, author of Between Two Worlds! Needless to say, I'm very excited, not only to have the opportunity on the program, but also to meet Elizabeth. We've emailed several times as I was writing and as she was writing. I admire her intelligence, her professionalism, and especially her family life.

That invitation was a great catalyst to get me working on my proposal. It was rather surreal, too, because my organizational skills while head-injured were rather...creative. I had a few boxes of clips and letters and different things to go through and it was like reading a history book. You know the general details, but it isn't your story. I'm utterly humbled that God used me during that time, and I'm so excited that both Generation Ex and I will have a second chance.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad! I am really liking the new book "The Way They Were," but we really need to keep a Christian book out there as well. I went back to teach this semester so I'm not working on my article right now. Hopefully someone will publish it, though, because there are hurting adults joining the band of adult children of divorce every day; only a few make it to the eclectic yahoo group, and probably three times as many are wandering around, feeling guilty for hurting.

Jen @ de Jong Dream House said...

Thanks, Patti! Have you read Elizabeth's book yet?

Kristine said...

Elizabeth's book is great. There are two other good books out on dealing with father-loss: To Own a Dragon by Don Miller and A Dad-shaped Hole in My Heart by H. Norman Wright. I'm going to be reviewing both for BreakPoint Online in the next couple of weeks.

Jen @ de Jong Dream House said...

Hey Kristine, let me know when you post your reviews. I'd like to add some of Don's thoughts to my second edition.