Wednesday, March 14, 2007

And we're off!

My year of international travel continues this week. After starting the year off in China, and a trip to Canada last month, my boyfriend Niels is taking me on a European adventure. We leave tomorrow (Thursday) and arrive Friday morning in Cologne, Germany. The flight is eight hours, but after surviving the thirteen hour flights to/from China, I think I'll be okay!

The trip started off as a joke when I found out my dad, sisters, and brother-in-law have a nine hour layover in Amsterdam on Sunday. I made the comment to Niels, who grew up in The Netherlands, that it isn't fair that my dad gets to go to Holland before me. Niels started checking flights and voila, we're going to meet Dad and the gang at the airport.

In addition to Niels meeting my family, I'll be meeting Niels' family and friends. A few highlights of the trip will be doing a tour of Niels' life in Holland and Belgium, visiting a castle in Germany, adding Luxembourg to my growing list of countries visited, and a special trip to Paris.

Au revoir!
Tot ziens!

No comments: