Thursday, April 05, 2007

The End of "The Christmas Story"

A few weeks ago, when my Mom was up in Ohio to meet Niels, we decided to go out for Chinese. I had just returned from China so I was missed that great cuisine. We drove around a bit, and ended up in the very same Chinese restaurant from the movie, The Christmas Story. It's one of my favorite holiday movies and even though I've probably seen in a hundred times by now, I still laugh out loud each time.

Today, the director of that classic, Robert Clark, was killed, as was his 22-year-old son, in a head-on crash with an alleged drunken driver on Pacific Coast Highway. He was 67. My condolences and prayer go out to their family and friends.

1 comment:

Reel Fanatic said...

That news just made me so sad when I read it this morning ... I watch Christmas Story every single year, without fail