Thursday, June 02, 2005

It's Spring!

Here in Michigan, good things come to those who wait...and wait...and...

It's finally spring! Tonight I'm going to celebrate with a friend by playing disc golf at a local park. I was introduced to the "sport" last year. It's basically golf with a frisbee. Like golf--and unlike Ultimate Frisbee--there's not a whole lot of exercise happening. More like a guided walk. Unlike golf, and best of all, it's FREE! I went enough times last year that I picked up my own set of frisbees (believe it or not, they are different ones for different uses, just like golf).

So if you're in the GR area--and you know how to contact me--let's play!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I hear you on the waiting for spring thing. We're not doing much better 3 hours south. :)

I'm not in the GR area, obviously, but it is where my dog's breeder lives. From what I saw, GR is a pretty cool place.

Frisbee golf sounds like so much fun! We actually have a course at a park down here, but I've never given it a try. Maybe I will. :)

Jen @ de Jong Dream House said...

Hey Sondra -

It's was a good time...definitely the first outing of the season. I guess we did get some good exercise after all that trapsing around the rough!

I love GR. It's hard to believe I've been here for six years already!

tentpeg said...

hey jen,

i didn't know you played frisbee golf...you should stop by Corinth sometime and grab Kevin and me for a game. we have our own course on the church property--9 holes. it's great...

Jen @ de Jong Dream House said...

sold! name the day and I'm there (preferable one slightly cooler than today!)