Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas in China!


My holiday celebration will be a bit different this year. For the last several years, more often then not, I found myself down the street celebrating Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, birthdays and other special days. In August of this year, my GR family moved to China. Thanks to the financial support of some good friends, I will be heading to Beijing Christmas morning with my friend, Melva. We'll spend 17 days touring and catching up with our much loved friends.

We've been planning the trip for about six months. Last month, we finally made the trip to Chicago to get our visa and Thursday night, we accomplished the minor miracle of packing. Niels caught us in the middle of the action. As you can see, Bailey was an excellent supervisor.

Believe it or not, we're all set with three big suitcases, one little carry on (filled with treats and many hopefully entertaining diversions) and two purses.

We're not exactly sure what to expect technology-wise, but hopefully, we'll be able to post updates of our travel. If you don't hear from me for a while...Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments: