Monday, December 18, 2006

Selling a Home is a Lot Like Dating....

On Saturday, I had my fourth showing. As I recuperate from the flurry that is preparing for a showing, it occurred to me that selling a home is a lot like dating. There's a lot of praying that someone will notice you. The heart goes pitter-patter when the phone rings to set up a date. You run around before the appointed hour trying to make everything look just right. And then--especially as a girl--there's a lot of praying and waiting afterwards as your mind spins with a bevy of questions like:

"Does he like me?"

"If he does like me, does he like me enough to call me again?"

"Will he treat me the way I hope and deserve?"

and most importantly...

"Will he commit?!?!"

As I type this, I'm praying and waiting for a call from my Realtor ("Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match..."). So far everyone who has seen my home has loved it, but has gone with other options due to things they knew about the house before they ever looked at. Sigh...The first wanted three bedrooms; I have two. The second didn't want stairs; mine is a two-story townhouse. The third, who was between mine and one other, opted for the two-car garage over my single. Can't say I blame them. Hopefully, the fourth time is the charm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very creative analogy and very true. We're all praying the matchmaker will make it happen... ;-)