Monday, January 16, 2006

Life is Precious

One of the first Christian CDs I owned as a new believer was The Robe, by Wes King. For most my post-college life, my professional career including music promotion in some form of fashion. For five years, I worked at Family Christian Stores, interviewing authors and artists. One of the best concerts I remember featured Wes King, Phil Keaggy and Scott Dente. Wes had written a song about infertility called, "Thought You'd Be Here." It's a bit of a tear jerker.

About a year ago, Wes was diagnosed with lymphoma. It's been a rough road and he isn't totally out of the woods yet. Musicians aren't known to have great medical plans, either, so his illness has been a strain financially as well. The beautiful thing is that many of Wes' friends in the music community have come together to create a tribute album, covering Wes' songs. Proceeds will benefit the family.

I hope you will join me in supporting this amazing musician and man. Even if you don't, please remember Wes and his family in your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Every time I hear "I Believe" by Wes King, it takes me back to a time about 12 years ago, riding with my dad in our Astro van. The windows were down and we were just belting out that song.

It's the first song that I can remember actually giving me chills the first time I heard it... the part that goes:

I believe Jesus
was the word made man
and He died for my sins
*and He rose again*
Don't you know that
I believe, I believe
I believe in the Word of God

I love that song. I'm sorry to hear he is sick. I'll have to check out that tribute CD.