Friday, January 06, 2006

Radiant!

I discovered a pleasant surprise today. Sometime last year, I wrote an article comparing my experience as a child of divorce with recovering from my head injury. I say sometime, because honestly, I don't remember writing it!

Apparently, I submitted it to Relevant magazine, and the fine folks there decided to post it as part of the launch for their new sister magazine, Radiant. How cool is that?

The timing is especially cool. I've been wondering if it's time to start writing again, and in the span of ten days, with no initiative by me, I was asked to write another article for Christian Single (more on that later), to present at a writers conference, and this article was posted. Perhaps I'm getting a divine kick in the fanny?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go you! Devine kicks in the fanny are the best.

Anonymous said...

Someday I'll learn how to spell 'divine'. Hehe. :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the article!!! It's great! I'm proud of how you're doing now!

Jen @ de Jong Dream House said...

Thanks, Pattie! Life is very very good right now. How is your writing going?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for asking, Jen! Now that I'm home from teaching for the spring semester, I'm working through Julia Cameron's The Artist's Way with a group of writing moms, trying to clean and declutter my home, and waiting anxiously for the new edition of the Christian Writer's Market Guide to come out at the end of January! I am also writing for an online writer's site: www.writersremember.com. It's a writer's inspiration site. Did you know that Brooke Foster is going to be interviewed in People magazine??? She posted to the AKOD yahoo group the other day.

Jen @ de Jong Dream House said...

Wow...I didn't know that about Brooke. I must have been ahead of my time. Bummer for my book, but I love the PR that Brooke and Elizabeth are getting. C'est la vie.

I've been asked to speak at a writers conference in June. I need to come up with a few session topics. I have several in mind, but I'd like to hear your ideas. What are some of the topics you'd want to learn about (one hour sessions).

Anonymous said...

I'll think about it, Jen, and I will write you an email......

I've been told by more than one person that I need to write a Christian ACOD book, but we'll see. If I can't even sell an article, what makes me think I can write a book, ya know?

Jen @ de Jong Dream House said...

If God wants you to do it, won't be able NOT to do it...that was my experience anyway!