Tuesday, October 03, 2006

MY VERY BIG NEWS

As many of you guessed, my VERY BIG NEWS is that Generation Ex is being reprinted!!! FamilyLife is my new publishing home. You'll be seeing some changes to this blog in the coming weeks, starting with the book cover. The book has a soft release date, which means it will be available as soon as it comes of the press. We expect the first copies to ship October 15.

FamilyLife is perhaps best known for their radio broadcast with Dennis Rainey and Bob Lepine. I've long been a fan of this organization's work to promote healthy families, and am honored to be part of their team.

I was in Little Rock in May (along with Elizabeth Marquardt) to record a few programs for the show. That led to discussions about the book, which led to my contract, which led to the fastest fast-track I've ever experienced. I signed my contract last month and the book releases in two weeks!

Thanks to all of you who have been supportive of me, my book and my mission. I appreciate your willingness to get the word out. After all, everyone knows someone who needs this book.

9 comments:

Mindy Richmond said...

That's great news! Love the new cover...

Abel Keogh said...

Congrats!!!!!!

Kristine said...

Hip hip hooray! Congrats and I am in awe at the quick turnaround on this!

Pattie said...

Congratulations, girl! I'm proud of you! And hey, if you're ever back at Family Life, if you ever meet the Tuttles, they were my youth group leaders for a while during my teens. They are AWESOME people! They're working with marriage and Military Ministry stuff through Family Life now.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the 2nd edition!!Cheers...

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen! What lovely news. I'm so excited and happy for you.

CONGRATS! Hope all is well.
-Aletha

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news! Your book made a tremendous impact on my spiritual thinking patterns.

http://vanessajoyce.blogspot.com/2006/10/generation-ex-coming-out-again.html

Susannah said...

I'm thrilled! So many people need this information. Tears... (and cheers!). Blessings, e-Mom

Sherri Lavender said...

That is GREAT news! Congrats!